Monday, March 26, 2007

Sick & Guilty on Sunday

Hey everyone, sorry I missed you on the walk around Burke Lake on Sunday. Saturday I dropped out early at 11 miles, thanks for the ride Sara. I was disappointed, but glad I did. Other than nursing some achier than usual knees, it allowed me to tend to a cold that was trying to turn into the flu. By Sunday I was better but thought I would take it easy.

I'll see you next Saturday though, for the walk hosted by Susie in D.C. Thanks, Susie. I won't be doing the entire 21 miles, but I would like to complete 16 to 18. Martha mentioned dropping out about then, so I'll be there with ya, Martha.

I already started making up the missed miles today and was able to do about 6 on the treadmill at the gym. It's not 12 miles or pavement, but my legs need the conditioning. And I think I know why me knees and legs were done so early last Saturday, and it is so obvious that you'll say, "Duuhhh." I have two pair of custom inserts. Well, I split the pair and had an insert from the old pair in my left shoe and an insert from the new pair in my right (because it supported my arch a little better). Well, though they are molded from the same feet (mine of course), they are not exactly the same, one pair is a little thicker than the other. Because of that, they probably through my gait and stride off; not noticeable to me but to my knees. I noticed the difference this morning when I put the inserts from the same pair in my shoes. I am such a doofus, and I will probably be fine next weekend. Lesson learned.

Well, remember to train, stretch and rest. Good walking and good fundraising.

No comments: